Why Buy Local?
We define local as within 250 miles of our warehouse
Here at FreshPoint, we understand the concerns of our customers and the community to support local businesses, eat healthier and reduce our carbon footprint.
We have made a commitment to partner with local farms and have created a “FreshPoint Local Flavor” program, which allows us to offer our customers seasonal items right from their own backyard.
Strengthen Regional Economy
Support Family Farms
Preserve The Local Landscape
Provide Delicious, Fresh-from-the-farm Foods For Our Customers
Why buy local from FreshPoint?
- One Invoice
- One Produce Delivery
- Reporting Capabilities by Farm, Product, and Distance
- Multi-Farm Access through website
FreshPoint companies help support local growers by:
- Offering a Distribution of Supply
- Food Service Marketing
- Education of Food Safety and Agricultural Practices
- Stability and Consistency
- Customer Access through Farm Tours
- COI Coverage in select Markets
- Negotiated Reduced Cost for 3rd Party Audits
FreshPoint’s local reporting offers:
- Local grower reporting by customer detail
- Item level detail or summary by customer
- Percentage of local spend to total spend
- Farms classified by distance – 100, 250, 500, or state specific.